If you have a Mossberg 500, you may need to change the pump at some point. This is a relatively easy process that anyone can do. Here are the steps you need to follow to change the pump on a Mossberg 500:
- Make sure the shotgun is unloaded.
- Find the release button on the pump.
- Push the release button and pull the pump forward.
- Disconnect the pump from the receiver.
- Connect the new pump to the receiver.
- Push the pump back into place.
- Test the shotgun to make sure the pump is working properly.
Advance Tips: How To Change The Pump On A Mossberg 500?
If you have a Mossberg 500, you may eventually need to change the pump. This job is not difficult, but it does require some basic tools and knowledge. With a few minutes and this guide, you can easily change the pump on your Mossberg 500.
What You’ll Need:
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A flat head screwdriver
- A punch or other sharp object
- A new pump (optional)
- First, make sure that your Mossberg 500 is unloaded. Remove the magazine and check the chamber to ensure that it is empty.
- Next, locate the two screws that hold the pump assembly to the receiver. These screws are located just behind the trigger guard, on either side of the receiver.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove these two screws.
- Once the screws are removed, the pump assembly can be slid off of the receiver.
- Take a look at the pump assembly and locate the small pin that holds the pump handle in place. This pin is located just behind the pump handle.
- Using a punch or other sharp object, drive out the pin that holds the pump handle in place.
- With the pin removed, the pump handle can now be slid off of the pump assembly.
- Take a look at the inside of the pump assembly and locate the pump plunger. This is the part that actually pumps the shotgun.
- Using a flat head screwdriver, depress the pump plunger and hold it in place.
- While holding the pump plunger depressed, slide the pump assembly back onto the receiver.
- Replace the two screws that hold the pump assembly in place.
Your Mossberg 500 is now ready to use.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
To remove the old pump from your Mossberg 500, first remove the magazine cap and slide the pump assembly forward. Next, disconnect the action bar assembly from the pump by removing the pin that holds it in place. Finally, remove the old pump from the shotgun by sliding it off the action bars.
To install the new pump on your Mossberg 500, first slide the pump onto the action bars. Next, reconnect the action bar assembly to the pump by inserting the pin that holds it in place. Finally, slide the pump assembly back into the shotgun and replace the magazine cap.
There are several benefits to upgrading your Mossberg 500 pump, including increased reliability, smoother operation, and faster cycling. Additionally, many aftermarket pumps offer additional features such as extended magazine tubes and Picatinny rails for mounting accessories.
Most aftermarket pumps for the Mossberg 500 are compatible with all model variations of the shotgun. However, it is always best to consult with the manufacturer of your particular model to ensure compatibility.
Some of the most popular aftermarket pumps for the Mossberg 500 include the Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock, the Vang Comp Systems Big Mouth Pump, and the Nordic Components NC-1.
If you need to change the pump on your Mossberg 500, first make sure that the shotgun is unloaded. Next, remove the magazine cap and slide the pump forward. To remove the old pump, simply unscrew it from the pump housing. To install the new pump, screw it into the housing and then replace the magazine cap.